Quotes:

'Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime'

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A MAN CAME BACK LATE FROM WORK



  • A Man came back from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 4 – year old daughter waiting for him at the door.
  • “Daddy, may I ask you a question?”
  • “Yes sure, what it is?” replied the man.
  • “Daddy, how much do you make an hour?”
  • “That’s none of your business, why do you ask such thing?” the man said angrily.
  • “I just want to know, please tell me, how much do you make an hour?” Pleaded the little girl.
  • “If you must know, I make $20 an hour”
  • “Oh,” the little girl replied, with her head down looking up, she said,
  • “Dad, may I please borrow $10?”
  • The father was furious,
  • “If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed, think about why you are being so selfish.”
  • “I work long hard hour’s everyday and don’t have time for such this childish behavior,”
  • The little girl quietly went to her room and shut the door.
  • The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little girl’s questions.
  • How dare she ask such questions only to get some money?
  • After about an hour or so, he had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his daughter.
  • Maybe there was something she really needed to buy with that $10 and she really didn’t ask for money very often.
  • The man went to the door of the little girl’s room and opened the door.
  • “Are you asleep?” he asked.
  • “No daddy, I’m awake” replied the girl.
  • “I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier,” said the man.
  • “It’s been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you, here’s the $10 you asked for.”
  • The little girl sat straight up, smiling, “oh, thank you daddy!” she yelled.
  • Then, reaching under her pillow she pulled out some crumpled up bills.
  • The man, seeing the girl already had money, started to get angry again.
  • The little girl slowly counted out her money, then looked up at her father.
  • “Why do you want more money if you already have some?” the father grumbles.
  • “Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,” the little girl replied.
  • “Daddy, I have $20 now, can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow, I would like to have dinner with you.”




It just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip through our finger
Without having spent some time with those who really matter to us,
Those close to our hearts.
H.A.R


-see you when i see you-

No comments:

Post a Comment